11/17/2005

After Katrina,who in good conscience can vote GOP ?

After Katrina, blacks will NOT vote GOP (and neither will anyone with a conscience)

Before during and after one thing was clear: Colored people are merely tolerated by GOP, but disposed off and left to die as soon as they - GOPpies - have to lift a finger for the black and the poor.

It was genocide in our own homeland IMHO. I felt sick to my stomach. After that, I wil never, ever vote GOP for anything for as long as I live, even if my life depends on it. And I'm white.

The Republican "values" are not for me: I'd rather be a sinful heathen than shun reality while condoning torture, stealing, treason and bigotry

by lawnorder on Thu Nov 17, 2005

* [new] White, Anglo Saxon, Christian appalled (none / 0)

at the casualness most US residents & government showed to the tragedy.

I was in Europe and even the older, more conservative, citizens asked me "Why no national day of mourning ?". "How on Earth are you guys still having the US Open and the 9/11 festivities in Washington after this tragedy ?"

I heard the same thing from Italians, british, french, germans and others...

Indeed. How on earth did we - Americans - not do a day of mourning with a half staff flag, after more than 1,000 died drowned ? And drowned not by Katrina but by by our own government's incompetence and indifference ?

I didn't feel proud to be American then. I still don't. Katrina was inexcusable.

The Republican "values" are not for me: I'd rather be a sinful heathen than shun reality while condoning torture, stealing, treason and bigotry

by lawnorder on Thu Nov 17, 2005 at 10:14:19 AM CST

Daily Kos :: Comments "[N]iggers in the state capital with their feet on the desk"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home