10/23/2005

Operation Truth - Mesopotomac (Daniel Goetz)

Here is the article that landed Goetz in hot water with DoD -- law

Seven months ago, my service in the army was to have terminated. Instead, I am in Iraq for the second time. I sit next to a DOD contractor whose job is identical to mine. Except he makes $120,000 more, works four hours less, and visits home four times more often than I do.

Daniel Goetz is currently serving in Samarra, Iraq. Read his blog here.

I am not alone in my anger and humiliation. When we were here in 2003, there was anger, but there is a difference between anger and bitter hatred. The atmosphere of discontent is thick and contagious. Even soldiers not stop-lossed feel The Betrayal. They know it might be them next time.

Operation Truth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home