10/23/2005

Kay 4 years ago: What a difference 4 years make!

SOB was pro-impeachment! -- law

Sending a signal.


MARGARET WARNER: Senator Hutchison where do you come down on the prospect of a censure resolution?

HutchinsonSEN. KAY BAILEY HUTCHISON: I'm torn as many people are because I am very worried that we are sending a signal in this country by not getting a two-thirds vote for conviction that somehow the standards for perjury and obstruction of justice are less because the president has done these things and has not been convicted. I don't want that to be the message. And I think it is the foundation of our criminal justice system. So many people are looking for a way to show that this isn't correct behavior and with all due respect to my colleagues, we didn't cause the stain on the presidency. The president caused the stain on the presidency. He misbehaved, he drug this out month after money after month when he could have come to closure on it either by admitting that he lied and asking for forgiveness, or by resigning in an honorable resignation. He did neither of those. So I think we are now toward the end. I'm glad we are. But nobody is really happy with the final result of an acquittal.

Online NewsHour: Talking It Over -- February 9, 1999

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home