10/03/2005

Daily Kos: I Am More Than A Bank Account (Update: Open Source Politics)

I Am More Than A Bank Account (Update: Open Source Politics)
by Devilstower
Sun Oct 2nd, 2005 at 16:19:19 CDT

I got letters this week. Letters from Ted Kennedy. Letters from John Kerry. Letters from Hillary Clinton. Letters from Barbara Boxer. Letters from senate campaign committees. Letters from house campaign committees. Letters from the candidate for my local senate seat, and for state offices.

What do any of them want from me: money. That's what they want. Oh, a few also asked me to email someone, or write a letter to my editor. But for the most part, they want my money.

You want to know why Dems lose? It's not because some of us are more moderate than others. It's not because we don't all agree on the war, or on abortion, or on a dozen other subjects.

We lose because we make extremely poor use of our resources. Because the powers that be -- even many of the "grass root" powers that be -- don't see the rest of us as anything but ready sources of cash. Because no matter how angry we are, no matter how willing we are to work, they don't have anything for us to do.

Daily Kos: I Am More Than A Bank Account (Update: Open Source Politics)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home