9/24/2005

Mr. Sun!: We're here, we're auspicious, and we number eight.

Hillarious! 3 blog finds in one: Annotated NY Times guided me to The Debate Link who referenced Mr. Sun. All 3 excellent blogs, blogrolled! -- law

We're here, we're auspicious, and we number eight.

I have a little pet project underway to learn more about world religions as a part of my overall plan of knowing so much more than you it's not even funny, which it actually is.

I've been reading up on Buddhism and I must say that I find the "Eight Auspicious Symbols" extremely groovy. I like everything about them, particularly their symbolism and eightness.

For a quick education, review this short and sweet presentation of the symbols.

I must say right up front, that I have a huge problem with the image below from an otherwise excellent article on the A8. My little buddy is going George Michael in a rest stop on that conch shell:


Dude, the conch shell may be an emblem of power, authority and sovereignty, but you don't have to fellate it, okay? You're going to get conchwash all over yourself...

Mr. Sun!: We're here, we're auspicious, and we number eight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home