8/17/2005

Hughes for America: Let's see the right defend THIS

"It's so ironic that I'm accused of dishonoring my son's memory by doing what I'm doing, by the other side, and then somebody comes and does this," Sheehan said. Charles Anderson, a 28-year-old Iraq war veteran from Virginia Beach, Virginia, called the vandalism of the crosses a "sacrilege."These crosses represent five of my comrades in my battalion who are no longer with us," he said at a news conference with Sheehan.

Tell me, conservative pundits: How is that supporting our troops?


Let's see the right defend THIS



This is disgusting:

Anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan tried to calm tensions on Tuesday with area residents upset by her vigil but expressed outrage after a pickup truck driver ran over crosses at her campsite near U.S. President George W. Bush's ranch.

Some 800 white wooden crosses, bearing the names of soldiers killed in Iraq like her son, have lined the road near the area where Sheehan has pitched a tent. Witnesses said they saw a truck dragging a pipe and chains drive over some of the crosses on Monday night.

Larry Northern, 46, of nearby Waco, Texas, was arrested and charged with criminal mischief in connection with the incident, Crawford Police Chief Donnie Tidmore said.

"We're trying to be good neighbors," said Sheehan, whose soldier son was killed in combat in Iraq in April 2004. "We're trying to make everybody happy and the only thing I want is to talk to one of their neighbors. If they want us to leave, they should talk to their neighbor, George Bush, and tell him to come to us."

[snip]

"It's so ironic that I'm accused of dishonoring my son's memory by doing what I'm doing, by the other side, and then somebody comes and does this," Sheehan said.

Charles Anderson, a 28-year-old Iraq war veteran from Virginia Beach, Virginia, called the vandalism of the crosses a "sacrilege."

"These crosses represent five of my comrades in my battalion who are no longer with us," he said at a news conference with Sheehan.

Tell me, conservative pundits: How is that supporting our troops?

Hughes for America: Let's see the right defend THIS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home