8/16/2005

Daily Kos: Local Wingnut Read My Kos Diary: Called It "A Flagrant Act of Democracy!" (Updated)

Local Wingnut Read My Kos Diary: Called It "A Flagrant Act of Democracy!" (Updated)
by ColdFusion04 [Subscribe]
Mon Aug 15th, 2005 at 21:56:37 CDT

(A cool story. And I like this line: "they also think that Kos himself wrote the diary and organized the effort, which is pretty typical (he usually gets all the credit and all the blame). -- kos)

So, many of you are aware that I've been openly campaigning for weeks on behalf of Nicole Devin in the Milwaukee Talk Star competition. On Friday, the results were announced, and Nicole won! She receives a two year contract on a ClearChannel station, WISN in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

The backlash this weekend from local Conservative bloggers has been very interesting, as they cried "Conspiracy!" and "Cheaters!"

Well, in a shocker, hell froze over this morning, when local Conservative radio host Charlie Sykes spoke about our campaign (mp3). He read almost my entire diary on the air, saying, among other things:

"It's a Flagrant Act of Democracy."

* ColdFusion04's diary :: ::
*

Here's his blog about the contest and our actions. He linked to us, and to a few other blogs on the topic, under the headline, "A Vast Left Wing Conspiracy?" Other quotes:
"I gotta take my hat off. Job well done to them."
"Good for you, it's Democracy at work."
"They beat us at our own game."
"I'm going to have to side with the Liberals on this one. I don't think they did anything unethical or wrong. They did not break the rules."
"I congratulate the left for caring more about this than the Conservatives."
"I would encourage Conservatives not to be whiners about this. Sometimes you just get beat."
"My guess is that the votes were very, very lopsided."
"Nicole may surprise us all - She may be wonderful."

And, amazingly, most callers agreed with him!

Daily Kos: Local Wingnut Read My Kos Diary: Called It "A Flagrant Act of Democracy!" (Updated)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home