8/21/2005

Daily Kos :: Comments Off-duty trooper tosses teens before Santorum event

There is a law that I have used (4.00 / 14)

I'll call my lawyer friend, who uses it frequently. I'm not an attorney but you do have a very good case. There is a trick to it I found out.

If a person gets arrested and carted off, their prosecution and remedies fall under state law.

If however, they are threatened with arrest and leave the premises after having done nothing wrong, and it includes parking lots but not the inside of Barnes and Bobles, you do have a case under the Civil Rights Act. It's a small clause that was tossed in and used very sparingly until and attorney I know who represents the Hotel Workers Union, Culinary workers in Las Vegas and god knows how many others, started useing it very effectively against police officers and departments. The guy finished first in his class at Berkely and has practically been a crusader ever since.

Email me and I will send you his number. I'm actually at a conference with him now, if you are serious, let me know and I will speak to him. He lives for these things.

Daily Kos :: Comments Off-duty trooper tosses teens before Santorum event

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home