8/11/2005

CGCS: Thoughts on a Kerry/ McCain ticket to unite the country

Would you support a Kerry/McCain or McCain/Kerry Ticket?

Yes [ 5 ] ** [27.78%]
No [ 10 ] ** [55.56%]
Undecided [ 3 ] ** [16.67%]

Kjustme061 sez:

I must say I'm really disappointed in the responses. I can certainly understand why everyone is so hard on McCain for his *ss kissing, but looking at the whole picture I think this would be an amazing way to bring this Country back together. As I've said before, McCain would be someone most of us could tolerate....he's a hell of a lot better than these right wing nuts IMO.
*
------------------------------------------------
Arneoker sez:

All I can say is that I am a Democrat and don't see McCain as representing my kind of politics. If we have to have a Republican win in '08 I would rather McCain than a lot of others, although I would kind of prefer Hagel. But the likelihood that I would vote Republican is extremely remote.

I think that a fusion ticket of two essentially ideologically incompatible candidates is not the best way of bringing the country together. I wouldn't object to dealing with some moderate Republicans or a Democratic President even appointing a few to the Cabinet. But as far as the hard Right goes I say we cannot deal with them on much more than how the lights will be kept on in the Capitol Building.
*
------------------------------

law sez
Ditto!

It is too late to try uniting the country. The Reich Wing went too far too fast. They must be thaught a lesson in ethics and humility, if not a jail based lesson in how to behave in a law abiding country!


Common Ground Common Sense:"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home