11/03/2004

What do I tell my Daughter now ?

Wed Nov 3rd, 2004 at 14:18:54 CDT

Being the clueless mom of an American kindergartner for the first time, I had no idea school was out on the 2nd (1)

I planned to vote after her class ended, at 3pm, to avoid the possibility of getting stuck in line and getting her late for class.

I spent the entire morning itching to vote, reading Kos and other fabulous sites, fretting over Kerry, fretting over getting my 5 yr. old ready for school

Me, my 3 yr. old and my 5 yr. old sat outside waiting for the bus, singing Kerry Rimes(2):

Vote for Kerry, cause Bush is scary!

Vote for Kerry, cause Bush is mush


Her school bus didn't show up. I drove her to school

Well you know what happened, right ? Not quite.

a few of the voters, officials start to join in, explaining to my two little angels (ha!) why voting is so important and what the Republic stands for...

I had to run out of the polls before I burst into tears, of pride, of hope for this country where GOP and DNC can unite and teach the new generations what Republic is all about


What do I tell my Daughter now ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home